Virtual Volunteering Opportunities
Attention Teens! Looking for ways to volunteer? We have two virtual opportunities available for you.
*These volunteering opportunities are limited to high school students. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com *
In partnership with our Local History department, you have the opportunity to document and preserve your experiences during this time in history. Share what life is like during this time through journaling, photography, family interviews, recording your thoughts etc. Please keep in mind that safety is of utmost importance, so please practice safe social distancing if you do go outside.
For each submission, you can earn one hour of volunteering, for up to 3 total hours.
We are looking for YA book reviews! If you have been reading over the last few weeks and want to earn some hours. Take some time and create a book review. You can do this in video, audio, or written format. Be sure to include the following guidelines in your review:
- Title of book
- Author of book
- Number of pages
- Genre (fiction or nonfiction, and type: fantasy, science fiction, realistic, etc.)
- Is it part of a series? Yes/No
- Your best guess about reading level (i.e., middle school, high school, grades 7-9, mature, etc.) What grade you are in
- How you want to be credited (first name, initials, or anonymous)
- Describe what the book is about (plot, main characters, etc.). Don’t give an entire synopsis, as you would in a book report—this is more like a movie trailer, a teaser to make people want to read it. Especially don’t give away the ending, or any significant spoilers!!!
- Give your opinion of the book. This part of the review is not fulfilled by saying “It was awesome!” What did you like? What did you dislike? Why? What thoughts or feelings did the book inspire? To whom would you recommend the book? Remember, this isn’t a school assignment— it’s you, talking about a book you chose to read, and recommending it to your friends (or not).
Other things you could choose to comment on:
- The cover—did you like it or not, and why? Was it an accurate reflection of the contents?
- Indicate if this book is part of a series and, if so, whether you have read the rest of the series and would recommend it as well. (Again, no spoilers!)
- How would you rate this book, and why?
5 Hard to imagine a better book
4 Better than most
2 Needs more work—weak plot, poor writing, whatever
1 HOW did this book get published?
Reviews will be posted on the YA Tumblr page
. For each submission, you can earn one hour of volunteering, for up to 3 total hours.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created by Izabel Gronski on
Apr 30th, 2020 @ 2:07 PM.
Updated on Apr 30th, 2020 @ 3:51 PM.