Learning the Alphabet!
How can you help your child recognize letters and learn
Here are a few tips that may help:
- Sing the Alphabet Song with your child on a daily basis.
- Check out Alphabet books at the library. We have a special section of alphabet books, so they are very easy to find.
- As you are reading the alphabet books, have your child say the name of the letter and then go over the objects that start with that letter.
- Point out different words that you see while you are out in the community (ex. words on signs, banners, etc.) Have them tell you the letters in the word and have them sound out the word with you.
- Print out the letters of the alphabet on notebook paper. Have your child trace the letters and write the letters (both uppercase and lowercase).
Created by Jen Trotta on
Jun 30th, 2017 @ 12:47 PM.
Updated on Jun 30th, 2017 @ 1:09 PM.