P O S I T I O N O P E N I N G
Part-time Customer Services Library Assistant I, Level I, Grade III
Customer Services Department
The Customer Services Department has a position opening for part-time Library Assistant I, Level I, Grade III. The current wage range is $12.59 to $17.37 per hour; and there are Level I employee benefits associated with the position, per the current Personnel Policy.
This is an 8-19 hour per week “non-exempt” position with a work schedule that requires daytime, evening, and weekend hours. This full service Customer Services Department serves our patrons in a streamlined, efficient manner.
We are seeking friendly, energetic, self-motivated individuals who are great in welcoming a diverse group of patrons. Most Duties include: answering directional questions and assisting patrons in the use of library collections, and equipment; maintaining circulation records and other lists; contacting persons for lost/damaged items; checking library materials in/out; issuing library cards; collecting fines; calling reserves; and other clerical duties associated with a busy public service desk.
Some college or special library training or related library experience is desirable, including knowledge of current audiovisual materials. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Publisher) is a plus. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
To apply to this position, please submit your application or resume, along with three references to the Olpljobs@olpl.org.
Part-time Library Assistant I, Computer Center
The Oak Lawn Public Library Computer Center is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working with technology, learning new technology, and assisting the public.
We are looking for a part-time (Level 1 – 8-19 hours per week) “non-exempt” Library Assistant I, Grade III. The salary range starts at $12.59 per hour,
commensurate with experience. The position will include a schedule 14 hours a week, consisting of afternoon, evening, and weekend hours in the Computer Center.
• Staffing the Computer Center desk to provide general information and directional information to patrons
• Assisting patrons with technology, including computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and other available technology
• Assisting patrons with reserving study rooms and monitoring study room usage
• Helping to maintain Computer Center equipment (replacing printer toner, submitting help desk tickets as needed, etc)
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college or special library training is desirable
• One year experience working with the public, library experience preferred
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• General knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Office programs, internet browsers, and basic computer skills
• Willingness to learn and assist with new technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
To apply: Send cover letter with your availability, resume, and three reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Page, Grade I
Youth Services Department
The Youth Services Department has a position opening for a part-time Page, Grade I. Starting wage is $9.63 per hour.
This is an 8-19-hour per week “non-exempt” position with a work schedule that includes evenings, some days and weekend hours.
Duties include: Shelving of library materials; shifting books; shelf-reading; keeping the department in good order;
and possibly assisting other staff with department displays, programs, and special projects.
To apply for this position, submit your application or resume to email@example.com .
Created by Erin Foley on
Jun 5th, 2017 @ 12:14 PM.
Updated on Nov 18th, 2019 @ 12:17 PM.