3-D Printing Services available!
Looking for a unique gift or a fun new home decoration? Stop by the Computer Center and purchase one of our adorable 3D printed objects or place an order for a design of your own!
The OLPL Computer Center has two 3D printers available to the public, a Lulzbot Mini and a Robo R2. Only OLPL CC staff may operate the printers. Patrons can submit orders to the Computer Center desk for printing. Submitted designs can be original creations by the patron, or files downloaded from 3D print galleries, such as TinkerCad, Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory, and others.
Lulzbot Mini maximum print dimensions are 127 mm(l) x 127 mm(w) x 150 mm(h), prints with 2.85 mm PLA filament
Robo R2 maximum print dimensions are 200 mm(l) x 200 mm(w) x 225 mm (h), prints with 1.75 mm PLA filament
3D Printing Guidelines
- 3D Print orders must be submitted to the Computer Center Desk as a .STL or .OBJ file
- Print cost: $0.50 per hour of printing, payable upon pick up of print
- Please allow 5 days for designs to be printed. Print jobs may be longer based on current pending orders, library closings, etc.
- The library will notify patrons by phone or email when a print job is ready for pick-up
- Items not picked up within 30 days will become Library property
- A maximum of 10 hours will be allowed for print jobs, longer print jobs will not be accepted
- Prints must use library-owned filament, choice of color is subject to availability
- Patrons are required to remove print supports themselves
- The library is not responsible for failed prints and patrons will not be charged for unsuccessful prints due to printer or design issues
- The library will not print weapons, items that violate local/state/federal laws, or items that violate intellectual property rights
- The library reserves the right to refuse any print request and to stop printing due to time or printer capabilities
Created by Natalie DeJonghe on
Jun 14th, 2017 @ 10:54 AM.
Updated on Nov 16th, 2018 @ 12:47 PM.